Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ruling?

Yelo. Just thought I'd throw a small update up.

I was able to make the FT of the $150-50k on Tilt today. I needed a huge suckout to get there when I flopped the nut flush with AKs against KK with maybe 30 or so left. No HH's cause to be honest, I didn't play many interesting hands, but there was something that came up worth mentioning.

This was one of those stretch runs for me where it felt like I was getting reraised to the point of high annoyance. Life sucks, deal with it, I know.

But when it got down to the FT there was a big stack 2 seats to my left who re-popped me early and often. Thing is, while I'd be sitting there and thinking he'd announce his hand to me. The first time I think I was holding A6, he shoves all in, I stall to save face and he writes, "KK".

Huh? OK, whatever, fold, move on.

A couple orbits later I pick up AJ in MP, and same guy re-raises.

As said before, this guy has a healthy stack so I'm seriously thinking about calling for the rest of my chips and while I'm sitting there, to myself, not bothering anyone, thinking, to myself, he writes, "AK".

I write, "show?".

He writes, "call".

I write, "blw me".

I really hope I didn't let this guy get to my head, but I had about 15 BB's left and after some more thinking I decided to let it go thinking at best I was flipping a coin. And if he was indeed telling the truth I was obviously in horrible shape.

So, right after that hand another player brings up collusion on the part of the guy who was announcing his hand. Now I vaguely know about this, meaning the actual ruling, but I know for a fact that it's annoying and something someone playing online usually doesn't have to deal with (as opposed to live).

Anyone have any clue about this subject matter? Not that I'm looking to get the guy in trouble but out of curiosity and future d-bags I suppose.

Thanks.

8 comments:

Bowlingman said...

I have seen this a couple of times. The best that you can do is ignore everything and fold. I wouldn't acknowledge that players chat at all. Some people tell the truth and others lie. I would act like it's not there unless it's a borderline decision, and then consider.

It would take a lot to prove collusion. It takes a track record of playing with that player and having several reports involving you two, so I wouldn't worry.

tonymark01 said...

i turn chat off to avoid this sort of thing

Loretta8 said...

It's not collusion for him to write that in the chat. I think its illegal for him to reveal his hand if thats in fact what he has, but its legal to lie about what you have. I'm basing that off TV poker though, so I could be totally wrong.

Eddie said...

first off nice runs today.. and as far as the chat goes.. couldnt really tell you the ruling

lilkimmer77 said...

tony, i can see how turning chat off can be helpful but i really think you could be robbing yourself from potential reads with it off.

lilkimmer77 said...

and george, so let's say i decide to report him (very unlikely), tilt searches HH's and both times, that's what he had.

then what?

just tryin to spark a little convo here

AllanDuke said...

It couldnt be collusion if you were the short stack getting popped by the big stack. If things were reversed, I could see a squeeze collusion argument... but those things are really tough to prove.

But yeah, what bowlingman said - ignore player chat.

And by the way... great attitude when it comes to your bets being popped by a big stack. A lot of players will have in their mind "There is NO way he can have a hand AGAIN against me" - and those types of players lose each time they shovemonkey into the middle.

By the way, are you a calling station in tournaments that are more expensive than ten cent rebuys... or was it only for that cheapo tourny last night?

lilkimmer77 said...

lord no i don't play like that